With some of our favorite Southern California music festivals right around the corner, we’re busy putting the finishing touches on our flower crowns & festival attire! While you may not be able to sneak in selfie sticks & mini tequila bottles…here’s what you can & should pack for the festival season ahead!
1. Instant Camera | Polaroids are fun + what better way to capture the best festival moments with your festival squad?! They also make for totally Instagrammable photos!
2. Water | Stay hydrated. We love eco-friendly Boxed Water which is a better alternative to single-use plastic bottles.
3. L*Space by Cocobelle Gili Wrap Sandal | Give your ankle booties a rest + slip into something more comfortable. We love our Gili Wrap sandals because they’re equally comfortable as they are stylish.
4. Sunnies | A chic pair of sunnies is a festival must. Whether you’re poolside or hanging out at the mainstage, make sure to protect your eyes with a good pair!
5. Hair ties | Having hot-mess hair is only cute to a certain point. From flower crowns to festival braids, keep some hair ties handy when you need to switch everything to a bun!
6. Power Charger | Friends don’t let friends iPhones die. Keep em’ charged with a portable charger & stay connected at all times!
7. Hand Sanitizer | Spread love…not germs!
8. Sunscreen |If you only pack one thing…make sure to pack the SPF & protect your skin against the harmful UV rays & sunburn.
9. Chapstick | Keep those lips moisturized! Toss your favorite tined lip balm or chapstick into your bag & lather up those lips all day long!
10. Snacks | While some music festivals don’t allow you to bring your own snacks (when in doubt, always check the website), it’s always a great idea to pack snacks for when you need a quick energy boost.
11. Haley Top & Emma Bottom| You never know when you’ll need a bikini….We love our bright + poppy sorbet HALEY + EMMA (also reversible for 2-looks-in-1) .
12. Hat | Aside from sunscreen, a hat will help protect your face + scalp protected from the sun. A festival-must!
Wash After Each Wear
Even if you don't go in the water, sand, sunscreen and your body's natural oils can still wear down your bikini. Extend the life of the fabric by making sure to wash your suit after every wear.
Sure, it's much easier to just toss your suit in the washing machine (we're all guilty of this) but trust us it's worth taking the time to hand wash! Our bikini washing formula: combine cold water + a capful of gentle laundry detergent. Let soak for 5-10 minutes then rinse. We promise this will do wonders to your bikini fabric!
Avoid loosening fabric by aggressively wringing out wet suits or drying them on rough surfaces. There's nothing worse than saggy bikini butt!
Don't Dry in Direct Sunlight
If you're drying your swimsuits outside, stay away from hanging them in direct sunlight. Drying in the sun too long can cause discoloring, and no one wants to wear a faded bikini (yuck)!
Stay Away from Heat
Never (we repeat, never) iron or throw your suits in the dryer! Just like sunlight, too much heat can cause fading or even worse damage to the fabric. Always opt for hang drying to prolong the life of your bikinis.