We brush our teeth, our hair, etc., but what about our skin? While eating healthy + drinking lots of water are beauty regime basics, one of the best-kept beauty secrets around is dry brushing. We’re here to give you the scoop on why we’re totally obsessed with dry brushing & why you’ll love it too!
Hello Glowing Skin!
Not surprising, dry brushing is AMAZING for achieving that golden glow. When it comes to dry brushing, invest in a natural fiber brush (available for under $10 at most natural foods + beauty stores).Bye, Bye Cellulite
We were totally skeptic about this until we tried it ourselves! Dry brushing aids in the distribution of fat deposits, tightening the skin and reducing the appearance of cellulite.
In addition to the external benefits such as radiant + super soft skin, dry brushing has a TON of health benefits including aiding the body’s natural detoxification process. (PS - Don’t be alarmed if your sweat starts to smell a bit different after this regime – that means it’s working!) In addition, dry brushing helps improve circulation.
Nature’s Dose of Caffeine
Dry brushing in the morning helps awaken your body. We like to think of it as nature’s coffee ;)
Now the How-To:
1. Starting at your feet, begin to brush upwards as you make your way up to your chest. When you brush, always brush towards your heart, as you’ll want to work up in the same direction as your lymphatic system.
2. Give each area a firm brush using long strokes. Avoid brushing areas with skin cuts or rashes as well as your face. Be gentle on sensitive skin and areas that are more prone to sensitivity.
3. Once you’ve brushed your entire body, hop in the shower and wash off the dead skin. Don’t forget to add some coconut oil for oh-so soft skin!
4. Drink lots of water! We love to end our daily ritual with a cup of hot tea + pinch of lemon.
5. Make sure to wash your brush once or twice a week!