Putting the finishing touches on your outfits for weekend 1 of Coachella? Don’t forget about the accessories (& we’re not just talking about flower crowns)!
Here’s a quick and easy DIY you and your festival squad can make. All you need is a quick trip to your local craft store and a little creativity to make this super easy no-sew festival-inspired necklace!
Here's what you need:
-Cut Cowry Shells (If you can't find em' at the beach, you can purchase them here)
-Assorted Silver Conchos (Find them at your local craft store or purchase them here)
-Beads (We recommend a thick bead with ¼’’ inch hole)
Step 2. Fold your leather cord in half & then thread one end of the leather through the concho so that the cord is running vertically though one end. Repeat on the other side so that the leather cord is threaded vertically through both ends of the concho.
Step 3. Add your stabilizing bead to both ends of the leather & pull through.
Step 4. After stringing through your stabilizer/decorative beads, add your cut cowry shells to both ends of the leather. Knot & tie the shell (Expert tip: After knotting the shell, leave ¼ inch of leather sticking out. String excess leather through bead & cut for seamless finish).
Step 5. Adjust the concho to where you would like it to lay on our neck (we suggest adjusting the concho low) & then pulling it up once you decide how many times you want to loop.
With some of our favorite Southern California music festivals right around the corner, we’re busy putting the finishing touches on our flower crowns & festival attire! While you may not be able to sneak in selfie sticks & mini tequila bottles…here’s what you can & should pack for the festival season ahead!
1. Instant Camera | Polaroids are fun + what better way to capture the best festival moments with your festival squad?! They also make for totally Instagrammable photos!
2. Water | Stay hydrated. We love eco-friendly Boxed Water which is a better alternative to single-use plastic bottles.
3. L*Space by Cocobelle Gili Wrap Sandal | Give your ankle booties a rest + slip into something more comfortable. We love our Gili Wrap sandals because they’re equally comfortable as they are stylish.
4. Sunnies | A chic pair of sunnies is a festival must. Whether you’re poolside or hanging out at the mainstage, make sure to protect your eyes with a good pair!
5. Hair ties | Having hot-mess hair is only cute to a certain point. From flower crowns to festival braids, keep some hair ties handy when you need to switch everything to a bun!
6. Power Charger | Friends don’t let friends iPhones die. Keep em’ charged with a portable charger & stay connected at all times!
7. Hand Sanitizer | Spread love…not germs!
8. Sunscreen |If you only pack one thing…make sure to pack the SPF & protect your skin against the harmful UV rays & sunburn.
9. Chapstick | Keep those lips moisturized! Toss your favorite tined lip balm or chapstick into your bag & lather up those lips all day long!
10. Snacks | While some music festivals don’t allow you to bring your own snacks (when in doubt, always check the website), it’s always a great idea to pack snacks for when you need a quick energy boost.
11. Haley Top & Emma Bottom| You never know when you’ll need a bikini….We love our bright + poppy sorbet HALEY + EMMA (also reversible for 2-looks-in-1) .
12. Hat | Aside from sunscreen, a hat will help protect your face + scalp protected from the sun. A festival-must!