Even if you're not spending Valentine's Day with a significant other, you can still live it up this Sweethearts season. Enter, Galentine's Day. Thank the fictional (yet oh-so lovable) character Leslie Knope of cult classic television show Parks and Recreation for the idea. Celebrated on February 13th, Galentine's Day is the ultimate gal-pal holiday and is arguably way more fun than Valentine's Day itself. The perfect way to spend it? Besties, brunch, and booze!
So, to get you prepped for your own Galentine's Day, we've rounded up 6 delish cocktail recipes for you to try. Cheers, babes!
Bright, tasty, and on theme - this sweet cocktail is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 4 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz. Cointreau or orange liqueur
- 6 oz. cranberry juice like Ocean Spray
- 6 oz. gin
Add all of the ingredients into a pitcher and store in the fridge
Before serving, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add in as much of the mixture as you can.
Shake for 20 seconds then strain.
Add in the rest and repeat.
This will make four delicious cocktails!
2. The Pink Señorita from Delish
Pink señoritas have more fun - this blush colored cocktail is a girly twist on a classic margarita.
- Lemon wedge, for rimming glasses
- Coarse salt, for rimming glasses
- 2 c. ice
- 2 1/4 c. pink lemonade
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. triple sec
- 1 c. tequila
- 4 lemon slices, for garnish
- Rub a lemon wedge around the rim of four glasses, then dip rims into salt.
- To each glass, add ice, pink lemonade, lemon juice, triple sec, and tequila. Stir to combine. (if you prefer a lot of ice, stir together mixture first, then pour over ice.)
- Garnish each glass with a lemon slice.
- This yields 4 cocktails - salud!
3. Sparkling Sangria from Cake 'n' Knife
Don't say we didn't warn you....this pretty punch, well, packs a punch! This twist on a classic sangria is crisp, bubbly, with just the right amount of sweetness.
- 1 bottle sparkling rosé
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 package raspberries
- 1 package blackberries
- 1 oz. brandy
- 1 c. cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- Add vodka, berries, brandy, cranberry juice and simple syrup to a pitcher and stir to combine.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Stir in the sparkling rose when ready to serve.
- Enjoy! Serves 4-6.
4. Cupid Martini from Simply Andreea
Cut down on the sugar (without sacrificing flavor) with this kombucha-based cocktail recipe. Try it with hibiscus or berry kombucha to get this pretty shade of pink.
- 2 oz. hibiscus or berry kombucha
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Sour Puss raspberry
- 1 oz. raspberry and cranberry juice
- 1/4 c. frozen raspberries
- Pour in vodka, sour puss raspberry, kombucha, raspberry and cranberry juice, and frozen raspberries
- Shake vigorously for 1 minute, while holding the top on.
- Pour into a large martini glass or two small ones. You can use an extra filter to catch all bits of the frozen raspberries.
5. Rosé Champagne Cocktail from The Kitchn
Pink and bubbly is the name of the game for Galentine's Day, and this sweet cocktail will not disappoint!
- 1 sugar cube
- 8 dashes Angostura or other aromatic bitters
- Chilled rosé Champagne
- Cut the sugar cube in half using a serrated knife or a sharp, thin knife. You will lose some sugar granules during cutting but that is ok.
- Place one half of the sugar cube on the bottom of each champagne flute. Add 4 dashes of bitters over each sugar cube and then fill the glasses with Champagne.
- Option to add a lemon twist garnish. Enjoy!
We saved the best (or at least, the fun!) for last. How cute are these cocktail floats?! Snap a pic of this Instagram-worthy drink and enjoy with your girls.
- 2-3 scoops raspberry sorbet
- 1 c. pink champagne I used Barefoot Pink Moscato
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
Place scoops of sorbet in large wine glass.
Pour champagne over the sorbet.
Top with raspberries.
Allow to melt while you sip or eat with a spoon, either way works!
This is one serving. Enjoy!
Looking for some inspo for your Galentine's Day gifts? Shop the V-Day collection here!
And, our latest swim styles have all the girly pink feels - check out our new arrivals now!