Galentine's Day, Valentine's Day...whatever you're up to this year, it calls for sweet treats! Enter the queen of decadent desserts, Shelly Bella of @_bellabakes on Instagram. She took over our page to share her famous Hot Cocoa Bomb recipe. They're fun, delish, and make the perfect DIY gift! Read on to learn how to make these yummy (and totally Instagram-worthy) Hot Cocoa Bombs.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED - Makes 2-3 Hot Cocoa Bombs
8 oz - candy coating (no need to temper it)
1 oz - candy coating in another color
1/2 cup hot cocoa mix
1 cup mini marshmallows
Popsicle or paintbrush
Edible glitter (optional)
- Heat up your candy coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each time.
- Spoon or pipe around 2 tbsp. in each heart. Using your popsicle stick, spread it all over the mold, making sure the sides are covered well.
- Place in fridge for 10 minutes to fully set, then gently pop out hearts.
- Heat a large plate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, take one heart and gently melt the sides of it on the plate. Place hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows inside. Take the the second half of the heart and melt it on the plate, place on top of the heart with the hot cocoa mix inside and use your fingertips to close the seam around it.
- Apply edible glitter to paintbrush and brush the entire heart with it.
- Using the second color of candy coating, place it in a piping bag to ziplock bag and drizzle some on the edge of the heart. Add sprinkles on top.
- Place the hot cocoa bomb in your favorite mug, pour hot milk over it, and enjoy!
So easy and SO yummy! Tag us with #whatsyourL if you make some heart-shaped hot cocoa bombs of your own.
And, ready for more fun recipes? Check out all of our blog DIY recipes here!