L*Space was born on the beach so our oceans and beaches have always been a priority in everything we do. We are continuously improving our sustainability efforts across our business. We’re excited to announce our partnership with the Surfrider Foundation as we become a Coastal Defender with them.
This year, join L*Space in supporting Surfrider’s mission to protect the world’s ocean, waves and beaches — learn more about Surfrider ‘s mission at Surfrider.org and by following along here as we explore the issues impacting our ocean and coasts, and how we can all take action and be part of the solution!
Founded in 1984, the Surfrider Foundation is dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of the world's ocean, waves and beaches through a powerful activist network. What started as a group of surfers that came together to protect the coast of Malibu, California from overdevelopment and pollution has grown into one of the most powerful coastal protection groups in the world.
Now more than ever, our ocean faces growing challenges from pollution, poor coastal development, and climate change. At the same time, expanding industries, such as offshore oil drilling and single-use plastic production, threaten to crowd and degrade the health of our ocean and coasts, which impacts us all, regardless of where we live. Each day poses new threats to our ocean and beaches, and these special places must be proactively protected, while stemming the tide of existing threats before further damage is done.
Surfrider has built a network of passion-driven individuals, who are the boots on the ground taking action and making change from their local communities to the federal level, and providing a voice for our ocean and beaches. With one foot in the sand and the other in the water, Surfrider is the only non-profit organization who is 100% focused on our coasts and the litany of threats they face today. Surfrider currently maintains over one million supporters, activists and members, with more than 170 volunteer-led chapters and student clubs in the United States, and more than 685 victories protecting our coasts.
Ways to Learn More and Get Involved
- Up-to-date information is always being added to our website and Coastal Blog
- Become a Surfrider member
- Sign up for our newsletter, Making Waves (at the footer of any page on our website)
- Follow us on social media: Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Learn about holding your own solo cleanup and reporting your findings to our data portal by following our Beach Cleanup Activist Guide
- Learn more about Surfrider’s campaign victories and active campaigns at the federal, state and local levels
- Take action by supporting Surfrider campaigns right from your computer, through our Action Alert webpage
Find your local chapter to stay up-to-date on Surfrider happenings in your area